Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Prayer // in Ann Taylor

Hey y'all! I am AMAZED at how fast the Kickstarter funded last week! We're still trying to reach a stretch goal so that I can produce a second skirt style sooner, so if you haven't pledged yet, you still have the chance! The campaign ends this coming Saturday, the 14th, so don't wait too long! :)

I'm still planning on catching up on all these sermon notes and outfits! 
"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God." ~Romans 8:26-27

The Spirit helps in our weaknesses. I personally have felt so weak lately- emotionally, physically, spiritually--and it is such a comfort to revisit this passage and realize that in every trial, when there is something necessary to pray in order to conform me into the image of Christ, that this is where the Holy Spirit steps in and intercedes for me. I am too weak to know what to pray in so many situations, yet I know that God will hear my prayer and the Holy Spirit will translate my weakness in His strength.

It is not a problem that we have difficulties, in fact, we should expect them. But how we think about our difficulties can hinder our understanding. Without a right view, such minor things can plunge us into great despair-- oh how frail we are. We start questioning God and stupid us, get upset at Him- 'It was the woman you gave me, Lord!" when who in the world are we to be questioning God's goodness?! Before we wallow in the slough of despondency, let's consider how the Spirit can help us:

Sometimes we are ignorant about what to pray about a situation. What should we even be praying for? In those times, the Spirit is there to intercede for us. Every prayer, according to the will of God, WILL be answered. We need to make sure we never want something too badly that it hinders our prayer life. Mature Christians pray what they ought. The Holy Spirit will take our weaknesses and intercede for us. This word in verse 26 is no where else in the Bible. It is unique to the Holy Spirit's groanings in prayer, and "He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is". This gives us assurance of Who God is, and what God knows.

We can yield to the will of God in prayer. What is the will of God for your life? That you be conformed into the image of His Son. Every trial adds to the weight of glory! Our pastor told a story that beautifully illustrated how the Holy Spirit intercedes for us.

A little girl was staying at a hotel with her family. Each evening, the guests would gather in the parlor room to mingle. In this room was a piano and the little girl in her eagerness of just having learned a few notes, would play her heart out all evening. Obviously, her playing was choppy, harsh, and definitely unpleasing to the ear. This happened night after night, and eventually the guests learned that as soon as the little girl arrived, it was time to find another place to hang out. Also staying at the hotel was a master pianist. One night the little girl bounced over to the piano and the room started to clear. The master went over and tenderly sat down next to her and began to play alongside her. Suddenly, instead of the inharmonious sounds of a beginner, the room was filled with incredible music that made all the guests stop in their tracks and return to the room. In the same way, the Holy Spirit fills our notes to create something beautiful. When we are in trouble, when our sufferings are too much, don't just bail out. When I'm confused as to why why why why why is this happening, I need to realize that God is ordering all things for His song.

This is one of those dresses that just couldn't get any better. It fits me perfectly, is easy to style, and is incredibly comfortable. The biggest reason I love it, though? It makes me feel good. Confidence + happiness are the best accessories.

// outfit details //
Dress: Ann Taylor Loft: ThredUP: $11.50/credit
Boots: Stein Mart: $35

This dress was so comfortable I wore it to go adventuring in the afternoon after church as well!

~~*~~
I also would like to introduce a June sponsor to y'all-- Daughter of Destiny
TEXT HERE

"Hi! My name is Caitlin Baughman. I started my blog about 2 years ago after my mom encouraged me to write. I set up the blog originally to encourage people. It's a blog from the heart. I love giving people my advice and sharing my experiences so that they can either learn from them or be encouraged by them." 
~~*~~
I hope y'all have had a great week! Don't forget to support Fresh Apparel Denim Company! Please share liberally. :D

Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: