Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Week In Feminine Dress // A Story

Hey y'all! A few weeks ago, I was contacted by an editor of LAF asking if I would be interested in participating in a Week In Feminine Dress with some friends on Ladies Against Feminism

I squealed! Really, I did. Why? Because WIFD is how Fresh Modesty came to be. 
You see, back when I was a 13/14 year old trying to figure out what was important to me, I stumbled into the Sense and Sensibility sewing forums and began absorbing everything the women there were about. About twice a year they would have these Week In Feminine Dress where they would post pictures of themselves wearing skirts, along with a description of where they got each thing and what they did that day to encourage each other. This was about the time my standards were changing and I was growing up a little bit, so I loved seeing practical examples of what dressing modestly and femininely looked like. 

But, honestly, I saw a lot of outfits that just weren't my taste, too, and most of the ladies participating were much older than me. I wanted to create a space where I could try my hand at sharing modest, pretty outfits for girls my age, because I knew I wasn't the only one looking for inspiration. I also met several slightly-older girls on there who had fashion/sewing blogs and began following them and participating in the fashion weeks they held on their blogs in later years. Ashley from Bramblewood Fashion was one of those girls. :D

 
These are pictures from the archives from the first Fashion Week challenge I participated in with this blog. Aren't you glad I don't over-edit and choose grunge backgrounds anymore? ;) This was 2009 about 6 months before we moved to Tennessee. 

Just a little bit of history, because I'm feeling nostalgic. If you'd like to participate with the WIFD, please hashtag your entries with #beautifulwomanhood and #thisisfemininity on Instagram. :) Your account needs to be public for us to see your entries.

Tip of the day: Wearing a cardigan that has "long lines" with a short, stocky skirt helps create a more flattering silhouette. The necklace I wore also helped elongate this otherwise flouffy outfit. 

// outfit details //
Cardigan: Forever21 (sorry, clearanced 2 years ago)
High-necked Cami: Modesty4Me.com
Skirt: Handmedown from an aunt
Fleece-lined leggings: Groopdealz.com (also available at ModeEsty.com)
Boots: Ariat

I hope you'll join in the fun! 

So, I'm curious-- did you know how Fresh Modesty came about? How long have you been following?

Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: