Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

You Learn As You Go

Hey y'all! Wow, awesome, awwwwesome engaged response to my post, "Please Stop Buying Cheap Clothes"! 

Shirt: Thrifted | Hat: Target | Skirt: Sweet Salt Clothing

I take my position of influence here on Fresh Modesty very seriously, so I'm a little paralyzed in my blogging at the moment because I really don't know what I'm doing.

I don't have a list of stores that are "safe" to buy from.
I don't have a flawless eco-wardrobe to show y'all.
I haven't found any modesty-inclined ethical clothing blogs to link you to.
I don't know how to solve this world-wide crisis.

In addition to the new buying standards I'm wanting to practice, my own focus has shifted in fashion and I'm trying to figure out my style--- again. It feels like a constant thing for me and it kind of is. But right now I feel like I'm at a crisis moment of simplifying, defining, refining, and enjoying. 

No, my standards are not changing, nor my dedication to practicality or femininity. My budget certainly isn't expanding, either.

Because I'm a little lost, for the past few weeks I've been in a season of intense study and life inspiration-drawing. And still, I'm not quite confident enough in my articulation of what makes my heart sing to be able to share all of this directly with you all.

You know when you have a spinning contest with your sisters and you just spin and spin until your neck muscles hurt, your eyes are bulging, your feet unable to stop but occasionally tripping, and you're aware of your surroundings but unsure of what exactly you are seeing or what you should focus on? Kind of feel like that right now in regards to my purpose in life, the wardrobe for that purpose, the meaning of that wardrobe for the efforts of this blog, and the efforts of this blog in the lives of those who read it.

I have this feeling I'm not alone in my floundering, nor has it ever been my desire to have you think I "have it all together". So, I'm writing this post to let you know: I'll be sharing some kind of random things as I deliberately spew what I'm learning and gathering inspiration/wisdom from. I'm a stumbling confused passionate mess right now and I'm done being frustrated at myself for not having answers yet.

I have the chorus to a country song going through my head:

Life's a dance, you learn as you go.
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow.
Don't worry 'bout what you don't know,
life's a dance, you learn as you go.

I hope you stick around for the awkward twirling. :) 
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: