Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Let's Talk | What Are You For?

Hey y'all! I'm so sorry about the unannounced blogging break! I've been dealing with a lot of various things and for my own sanity blogging needed to fall off my radar for a little while. :)

Today I'd like to give an introduction to a series. It's called, "Let's Talk". My purpose is to share my thoughts on topics that relate to our lives as young women seeking the Lord. These may be short or rambling, some may be some obvious, and some may not be a popular opinion. Y'all let me know if I need to hush up. ;)

Encourage, empathize, and exhort are the three words that I just realized are my goals with Fresh Modesty. As I "speak" on these topics, realize my desire is to put my arm around y'all so we can support one another with our words, actions, and prayers.

Empathize: understand and share the feelings of another
Encourage: give support, confidence, or hope to (someone)
Exhort: strongly encourage or urge (someone) to do something (myself included)

Here's what's on my heart today: Being known for what I'm for not for what I'm against.

Yes, I'm against sin, but I'm for forgiveness. I'm against the devices of the Devil, but I'm for the power of the Lord. I'm against selfishness, but I'm for serving. Y'all see the difference? Instead of focusing on destroying the negative, in Christ we should have the desire to rejoice in the positive. Our old man has passed away-- DEAD-- and the new man has come. Why dwell on the old except to thank the Lord for His grace?

When we put our energy into getting rid of the bad, we can exhaust ourselves and forget to see the good. Many moons ago when I was confiding in a friend how frustrated I was that I couldn't get a guy out of my thoughts, she gave me this advice: "Instead of sitting around thinking about not liking him, invest in other relationships and endeavors and your crush will fade into the background." Her point was that we can make an idol out of not making an idol, when we should be lifting the Lord before our eyes instead.

Which is a better witness for the transforming power of the Gospel: 

  • To be known as the girl who is never sad, or as the girl who is always joyful? 
  • To be known as the woman who doesn't talk badly about her husband, or as the wife who delights in honoring him?
  • To be known as the girl who never wears pants, or as the girl who always dresses with feminine grace?
  • To be known as the girl who doesn't say bad words, or as the girl who speaks with kindness?
  • To be known as the woman who controls her temper, or as the woman who exudes patience? 
  • To be known as the Christian who tolerates the unsaved, or as the Christian who wants everyone to know the joy of Christ?

I'm afraid that a lot of what is on the internet these days is putting down what is bad with not a whole lot of focus on the positive. Let's talk about what we're for and strive to be known as His. :) What do y'all think?
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: