Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Farm Style | Bush Hogging

Hey y'all! One of the "problems" that always seems to be brought up in discussions on modesty is that it's difficult to work outside and do hard tasks in feminine clothing. That's exactly the myth this series will be trying to dispel. 
Today I woke up feeling like I am getting "the cold". Since I wasn't up for doing computer work,  I figured it was a good day to get some Vitamin D,  chill out and listen to podcasts, and get something done that always gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do list.... bush hogging!


I had never heard of bush hogging until we moved to our land 5 years ago. It's basically mowing with a great big blade attachment that you pull behind the tractor. So, I spent 5 hours driving the very warm tractor through waist-high weeds in the cow pasture. I prefer to do this in long jeans because the tractor gets so warm near my ankles that it can hurt if my legs are bare. I chose to wear tennis shoes instead of work boots because I had to walk up and down our big hill to and from the field, which is super tiring in heavy boots. For modesty, I wore this long shirt with a tank underneath. 

I have always had a huge aversion to "tool belts" and things that are super ugly but incredibly practical. But, common sense is slowly taking over and I've finally realized it is so much easier to clip my phone onto my belt while using the tractor than to stick it in my back pocket all the time. I've been listening to a ton of podcasts, so this set-up allowed me to plug in the noise-cancelling headphones and easily switch between episodes. I also wore my gun in case of snakes. 
The yellow on my wrist is a hairband I used to put my hair up in the warmer parts of the day.  


 When I set out to bush hog this morning, I thought I'd be in and showered by 2pm, so I opted to leave off my make-up and put it on after that. But, dead battery, flat tire, a trip to the mechanic, and a mowed field later, it was 7:30 when I finally showered. Girls, I want to keep it real here, so these are no make-up, no photoshopped pimples, no dressing-up, no fixing my hair, no taking off the awful cell-phone belt clip, no cute shoes, nothing special pictures. Just a real outfit I wore on a real day to do real things that were really real. 

//outfit details//
Tunic: ThredUP 
(If you use code SUPERSTAR you can get 30% off select dresses and jackets!)
Tank: Forever21
Jeans: American Eagle
Shoes: Payless
Sunglasses: Ann Taylor
Cell Phone Case: Otterbox

I hope you enjoyed this first in the Farm Style series! I know I have some readers who have bush hogged... what do you wear to do tractor work?
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: