Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Q+A: Hobbies

Hey y'all! I receive dozens of questions every week from readers who are curious about aspects of my life and philosophy, so its long overdue that I dedicate some time to answering a couple of those each month. I have a list of questions from last year's survey I'm still working through. :P


What are your favorite hobbies besides sewing and fashion?

I'm not sure how I feel about the term "hobbies". It's always connoted a sense of "this is what I do to fill up my time so I don't get bored" to me, which honestly seems kind of frivolous. I don't mean this to offend anyone who has hobbies, I just personally have never sought to have any. Sewing is not a hobby for me, it's a skill I'm learning. Fashion is not a hobby for me, it's a tool I'm learning to wield.

Off that soapbox and actually answering the question, ;) other areas I enjoy growing my knowledge in would be graphic design/website work, farming, photography, guns/shooting, videography, cooking, business strategy, exercise, health (major one, ha!), truck engines, healthy make-up, and a host of other smaller categories, like building wood things and painting them.

Do you play any instruments?

I play piano, but very, very ill. Not learning to play at young age has been my biggest regret in life.

What's your favorite passage/book of the Bible?

Psalm 23. Always has been the passage that comes to my heart in hard moments. 

What's your favorite month of the year?

This is a hard question! October immediately comes to mind since that's when my birthday is, but I also really like May when summer is in full swing but it's not too hot quite yet. 

What's your favorite chore? And least favorite?

Favorite chore... probably washing windows, because it means that the rest of the house is clean enough that windows are actually a priority. ;) Least favorite would probably be laundry. It used to be my favorite, but I just don't have the energy to carry a dozen full baskets up and down the stairs anymore.

//outfit details//
Tank: Forever21 : $1.80
Skirt: Made by me (for eBook with instructions, click here)
Bag: Just Fab : $39.99
Boots: HushPuppies : $180
Earrings: Walmart: $1.50

This is what I threw on to do errands this morning. Our little town's personality was out in full swing today and was quite endearing. I stopped in to the hardware store and they told me they were fresh out of weed-eater string. I walked into the post office and the clerk said, "Hey! Your P.O. Box got a little package!" I walked up to pay for my oil at OReilly's and all their computers were down so I would need to come back with cash. I went inside Fred's and the pharmacist knew me, "Just talked to your mom about this one..." Drove up to McDonald's and their espresso machine was broken. Swung by Rite Aid and one of my neighbors was the cashier. Went back to OReilly's and there were more neighbors in there, with a pizza? My final destination was going to be the farm store, but I remembered they close at noon on Saturdays, so I headed home. 

Why do I go into all this detail? To remind myself why I made the effort to get dressed in denim and leather instead of my workout clothes like I wanted to wear. It took me all of 5 extra minutes to iron my skirt and find a pair of socks, but think of how much better a representation of myself, family, and church I had because of that. Also, it's actually COLD here today! I couldn't just wear flip-flops and that's kind of not something I was hoping would come this early. I'm a huge fan of summer. 

I hope you're having a great day! What are your hobbies? Do you play any instruments? What's your favorite month of the year?

Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: