Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Green Linen Tunic

Hey y'all! I hope your week has been as productive as mine! I've finally started shipping some sizes of Fresh Apparel skirts, which is super exciting and a relief! 

I'm not sure why, but sewing is one of those activities that I infinitely prefer to do in pants. I think it's because I do a lot of crawling on the floor and there are so many loose threads that skirts pick up. So as I've been spending three days a week hemming (the other three days I'm on house-work duty), I've been thankful for my tunic collection.

 This tunic was a pass-on from a friend who's grandma gave it to her. I love the texture of it, even though it wrinkles (I pretend that's the look it's supposed to have). The thick linen doesn't catch around the hips like a lot of other tunics so it's great for those jeans that don't quite fit right in the waist and need some cinching that would be visible under other weights of fabric.

// outfit details //
Tunic: Flax Brand: Handmedown
Tank: Forever 21: $1.80
Jeans: American Eagle brand: $14 ThredUP Credit
Boots: BearPaw brand: $25 ThredUP Credit
Earrings: Charming Charlie: $3 
Mug: Michael's Craft Stores: $2

You'll notice I rolled the sleeves-- I do this a lot with long-sleeved tunics to help them be more flattering by giving definition on the arms. With long, loose sleeves, sometimes your arms and torso just look like one big mass and it's very widening. A quick flip of the cuff and that problem is solved! :)

Casually drinking coffee like a flamingo.
No time to wait for my hair to dry for pictures today, so I went with an easy messy french braid and called it done. I'm a little sleepy from several late nights in a row, so the coffee has been sticking close to me today. ;)

What have you been up to this week? What do you like to wear when you sew?
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: