Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

10 Packing Tips for Frequent Traveling

Hey y'all! I hope you're doing well! It's a wonderfully busy season for me these days! Of the last 7 weekends, I've traveled 5 of them visiting family and friends in Maryland, Ohio, Indiana, Georgia, and Virginia.

I'm back home now and hopefully back to blogging! I thought I'd share a few things that I've been doing to make frequent traveling easier.


1) Leave room in your suitcase.

There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to fit everything back into your suitcase at the end of your trip or not being able to root around in your bag to find socks because it's too stuffed. Choosing a suitcase with some wiggle room and/or paring down your items so that you don't have to struggle to fit it all in is one way to relieve some stress!

2) Pack your reliable clothing.

I know it's a lot more fun to pick different or new outfits to take on a trip, but you will thank yourself if you make sure they are first and foremost pieces you feel comfortable and confident in. Trying new outfits in an unfamiliar environment just adds to the awkwardness you're already experiencing being away from home.

3) Turn your purse into your overflow bag.

I have a Mary-Poppins sized purse that has been such a blessing these last few weeks. I keep a smaller wallet in there to take into the gas station, grocery store, etc. but by keeping all the "extras" I take on a trip in my purse I'm able to feel prepared and don't have to think about what to take with me in my pockets when riding with a friend or leaving last minute for a trip. Some things I keep with me:

  • My make-up bag
  • Tylenol/benadryl/Vitamin C
  • Handcream
  • Mints/gum
  • Protein bar
  • Bobby pins
  • Pain relief cream
  • A full-sized, shareable bar of nice dark chocolate
  • Chapstick
  • Extra mags for my gun
  • Deodorant 
  • Sharpie
  • Bracelet 
  • Perfume
  • My Bible and a notebook
  • Phone charger
Sometimes if I don't have room in my suitcase I also throw my straightener, hairgel, and jewelry case in my purse.

4) Take your own blanket.

No matter how many times you visit grandma's or your best friend's house, it's always so much easier to sleep when you are warm under your own blanket. It can double as a pillow if you decide nap at a gas station and ensures you're able to keep warm when your host doesn't believe in turning on the heat unless it's snowing. ;)

5) Plan your outfits around your shoes.

Shoes are the bulkiest item to pack, so if you're able to take just two pair for a weekend it really helps. If you're taking boots with you, try to incorporate them into your travel outfits so you don't have to fit them in your suitcase. It's always good to have some sort of casual shoe that you could do active things in and then a pair of nice flats or heels for the other events. This past weekend I packed three pair, but ended up not wearing the gold heels because they kept slipping off my feet and I couldn't walk in them... which was weird because they usually fit fine? But it worked just fine to wear the plum shoes with my church dress.


6) Always take a casual outfit.

I don't know how many times I've been super thankful I had thrown a pair of jeans and warm sweater tunic into my bag at the last minute. Whether it's freshening up after traveling, ending the day with a movie at a friend's after a fancy event, or being invited rock climbing unexpectedly, having the extra outfit is a very nice thing. :)

7) Handcream.

When I travel, I try to simplify my routine as much as possible. So instead of packing body lotion and make up remover, I just try to take something that works for both, like Cetaphyl or coconut oil. Gas station restrooms have ridiculously drying soap, so moisturizing is even more necessary than normal.

8) One jacket (with pockets).

There's no reason to take more than one outer coat/jacket for a weekend trip. It may not go with every outfit perfectly, but that's okay. I don't like toting things around with me, so having pockets for my phone and keys in my coat helps keep my hands free when I'm wearing a dress or other outfit that doesn't have pockets.

9) Don't apply make-up at 3 am.

I don't know about you, but I usually wake up with puffy eyes, sheet creases on my cheek, and a generally less-than-perky appearance. If I apply make-up before my face has had time to energize, my makeup looks horrible the rest of the day. So I throw my make-up bag in my purse and apply it once the sun has risen. There's better lighting in the car than in my bathroom anyway. :P

10) Don't take more than you can carry.

It's no fun to take up vacation time schlepping stuff around. Take only what you absolutely will need so that you aren't tripping over suitcases in your hotel room or making 3 trips from the car to your friend's third floor apartment.


I'm sorry I've been so absent these last few weeks! I've been posting a little bit on Instagram.com/freshmodesty, though, so I'll share some of those posts here on Friday!

What are your top travel tips? I'd love to hear them since I have two more weekend trips scheduled for March! Blessings!

Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: