Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Dressing Down | 3 Tips For Pairing T-Shirts With Skirts

Hey y'all! I know we all have skirts in our closet that we would like to be more multi-purpose than just wearing on a few of the 52 Sundays a year, which is why I'm so thrilled to be making this series. As a bonus, this outfit also shows one of the dozens of ways to pair a t-shirt with a skirt without looking sloppy. Where would I wear this outfit? To run errands, to Friday night fellowship, for Sunday afternoon chillaxing, and to hang at home with the possibility of seeing people, like I'm doing today. :) 

Today's chosen skirt for our "Dressing Down" series is one of the first skirts I ever bought after deciding to dress more deliberately. I've mostly worn it to church, but today I paired it with a t-shirt for a casual look. I didn't intend to promote the new Fresh Apparel t-shirts today... but actually, that's an announcement I haven't made on the blog yet! FreshApparel.us is open for business! Right now there are only a few t-shirts for sale, but eventually that will be the marketplace for the Errand #17 skirt! If you're hoping to get a t-shirt like this one, you better hurry because we're starting to sell out of sizes! Free shipping right now, too. 

To wear a t-shirt with an elastic-waist skirt, here are a few tips:

1) Choose a skirt that doesn't have excessive gathers at the waist. Opt for something that has a slim bunching instead of bulky fullness. 

2) Choose a t-shirt that isn't too long or too loose. To pull off this look, you'll need a t-shirt that fits in the shoulders, falls easily on your hips, and doesn't have a super tight neck binding. Don't pull the shirt down all the way if you're short like me and the hem hits below your natural hips. 

3) Choose footwear that marries the two looks. I chose black leather flip flops that I would wear with the t-shirt and a denim skirt, and with the skirt and a white ruffled shirt after church. Tennis shoes would not go with this look because I wouldn't have worn them with that skirt, nor would heels work with this because I wouldn't wear them with that t-shirt. 

// outfit details //
T-shirt : Fresh Apparel Denim Co (Woohoo!)
Skirt: Apt.9 : Kohl's
Flip Flops: American Eagle : Sears

Do you have a piece of clothing that's stuck with you for what seems like forever? How do you make it work for different occasions? I hope y'all  have a great day! 
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: