Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Cashmere + Pleather

Hello! I hope your Christmas season is off to a wonderful start! 

This is what I wore to church yesterday. I jumped into the Christmas spirit by pairing a shiny cranberry pleather skirt with my gold pumps and a cozy cashmere sweater. 

I made this skirt in October as a sort of challenge to myself. I bought the fabric at the thrift store and it's closer to the texture of a vinyl table cloth than it is to a cotton fabric... so of course I wanted to make a pleather-look skirt! I used the "Never-ending pie slice" technique from my How To Sew Denim eBook to get a pattern for the high-waisted skirt. I also took out several inches of fullness by slicing the pattern and bringing the sides in. Four gores, fully interfaced, side zipper. :) It was a fun couple-hour project.

My sweater was ridiculously soft... and sadly I won't get to wear it again. It got put in my closet instead of my mom's by mistake and she wants it back. :P 

I FINALLY got a floppy-brimmed hat! I've been trying to find the perfect one for about 18 months and on Black Friday I got this one for $15 at Charlotte Russe. The brim is just the right size to be super cute but not too dramatic for church. 

Necklace is from Charming Charlie, gold shoes are Jessica Simpson brand from Goodwill. :) 

And, it's kind of hard to tell because of the hat, but I got a haircut! I had Kitty put a gazillion layers in and I'm SO happy with it. My hair was getting really hard to deal with and now it takes no time at all to add a swirl to the ends of the layers and run out the door. Staring at these pictures I see my hair was looking a little messy (blame it on the cashmere) but I hadn't done annnnnything to it in 4 days  and that makes the style a winner in my book. ;) 

Alright, I've gotta run and hem and ship a bunch of FreshApparel.us orders, so I'll catch y'all later! Have a wonderful week!! 

Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: