Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Friends of Fresh Modesty | October

Hey y'all! I'm a little bit behind on posting October's FOFM but I wanted to share it with you because this bride was very creative in finding a way to be modest, beautiful, and economical with her wedding dress! I hope you gain as much inspiration to be innovative as I have!

"The outfit I want to share with you is my wedding dress. I was married in July and my dress was a huge project, but so worthwhile to dress modestly on one of the most important days in my life! 

 "I purchased a used, strapless sample Maggie Sottero gown from a bridal shop on Ebay. Then I took it to a seamstress and she matched the satin and created a little shirt for it that closed in the back. She sewed it into the dress, added lace on the front to disguise the outline of the strapless dress, and then added beautiful satin button closures in the back.

 "I felt so beautiful in my dress, and everyone wanted to know where I got it. Modest wedding gowns are usually very expensive brand new. I didn't have $2000 to put towards a dress, which is a very average price for modest dresses. My dress cost $400 altogether (200 for the gown, 200 for alterations), even though it was worth over $1500 brand new. My veil was a great find for $85 on Ebay, but my seamstress said it was likely a $2,000 veil brand new.

"Beautiful, modest gowns *are* within our reach for our wedding day! 

"Also, my bridesmaids wore these lovely Cobalt Blue dresses from Lands End. They were on sale for $28! They added black belts they already owned, nude shoes from Payless, and then they had their matching head coverings for the church around their neck for the photos."


Thank you so much, Mariette, for sharing your special day with us! 
How have you been creative with your closet lately?

Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: