Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Active | What I Wore To Run A 5K

Hey y'all! I've never been the exercise-consistently type, but I do really enjoy feeling fit and like to keep in shape enough that I can do the tasks at hand. Living on a "farm", I never know if I'm going to need to be able to run after a pig or a cow for a great distance at a moment's notice. So, when a bunch of my friends decided to run the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, I thought it'd be fun to do it too!

Even though I hadn't gone running for over a month and there were no actual turkeys at the event. :P

I wasn't sure if it was going to be freezing cold or on the warmer side, so I dressed in lots of layers. 
On top: 
Columbia brand short sleeve running shirt
Fresh Apparel hoodie
Puma track jacket

On bottom: 
Calvin Klein yoga leggings
Fleece lined leggings
Uja running skirt
Two pair of socks
Rocket Dog boots

It ended up being pretty chilly and I stayed warm enough that I did take off my jacket by the end. 
Yeah, I ran in boots. I didn't have a nice pair of tennis shoes (my Champion brand is finally giving out after 6 or 7 years, pity) and I figured I usually am chasing animals wearing boots anyway, so the added weight was a good test of my fitness level. Andddd they were nice and warm. 

I've been slowly collecting various exercise outfits from ThredUP this year. I've found that a lot of running skirts are actually long enough for my 5'2" height which is super handy. 

We made it though the 5k jogging/ fast walking just fine and have plans to do another run here in a couple weeks. Unfortunately, I've discovered that my right knee has scar tissue from a cow-chasing incident several years ago and the chiropractor says it hyper-extends when I run. So, I'm wondering if any of y'all have experience/advice about hyper-extension? I bought a fancy hinged brace that will hopefully help my muscles strengthen around my knee, but otherwise I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. This is a problem for me whether or not I run. :-/

I know it's kind of the off-season for exercise outfits, but I thought I'd share anyway! What do you wear to exercise in the colder months?
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: