Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

3 Tips For Staying Warm + Looking Cute

Hey y'all! We have had quite the week of weather here in middle Tennessee, with several inches of ice covering everything making driving near impossible. So thankful we still have power and internet! I know much of the US is experiencing pretty chilly temps right now, so I thought I'd share three tips for staying warm and looking cute, with this outfit as an example. No reason to look like a marshmallow if you don't have to! :)


Tip #1: Make Every Layer Count

Fabric is everything. We know clothing is warmer or cooler just based on it's fiber content, so go for one warmer layer instead of several cooler ones to minimize bulk and increase comfort. I love thermal shirts for wearing underneath cardigans and other shirts because they are just so much warmer than normal long sleeved cotton shirts. Likewise, fleece-lined leggings retain heat better than typical cotton leggings. Every layer underneath your outside article of clothing should be as tight as possible. Not only is this warmer (at least, in my experience), but it greatly reduces the look of bulk. 


With/Without

Tip #2: Wear a Hoodie

This may sound strange, but it's seriously my favorite lots-of-layers tip. When you put several shirts on, sometimes around the neck and shoulders area can look odd. Whether it's because of slightly different necklines or just more bulk that makes you look puffy, wearing a hoodie can help camouflage that. I put my thermal Fresh Apparel hoodie on first, layer whatever I want, and then pull the hoodie to the outside. I feel like it just takes attention away from the zillion layers and also helps pull the look together. 


Tip #3: Remember Definition

Just because the temperature demands that every inch of you be wrapped up doesn't mean you need to forget you have a figure. Like during the rest of the year, look for ways to bring definition to your ensemble. For me, this usually means either shorter skirt with leggings that show and boots or a long skirt look that has a more defined hip/waist area. In the winter I like to wear slim-fitting clothing anyway (no circle skirts, etc) because of the mud and snow mess. 

// outfit details // 
Cardigan: Forever21
Skirt: Banana Republic : ThredUP
Leggings: GroopDealz
(Also available on ModeEsty.com, use code FRESHMODESTY10%OFF)
Boots: BearPaw : ThredUP

I was warmer in this outfit than my sister who was in jeans, a huge floppy hoodie, a coat, and Uggs! :D

What's the weather like where you live? What's your favorite way to stay warm but stylish? 


Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: