Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Spring Wardrobe | Evaluation

Hey y'all! Now that we have an idea in mind for what we'd like our wardrobes to hold, it's time to evaluate what we already have so we can identify gaps. My sisters and I keep our off-season shirts on a high shelf in our closet and over the winter it got a little disheveled. 

 I pulled out the shirts I think I'll actually wear this spring/summer and left the rest on the shelf for my sisters to decide if they want. ;)

Three things I evaluate: 
Quality-- Pit discoloration? Pilling? Stains? Not worth wearing.
Fit-- Why wear something you don't feel great in? The older I get, the more picky I'm getting about right fit.
Color-- As much as I love red and white stripes, I just don't wear them because red is too bright on me. Coming to terms with that helped clear my wardrobe of unworn-but-maybe-someday items.

 That left me with three stacks of shirts: Nice/ church shirts, casual/okay shirts, and to alter/make a pattern from. Of all these shirts, I only love about 4 of them and none of those 4 look good with skirts. No wonder I've had a hard time getting myself to wear skirts lately! And somehow, I have 6 nice black short sleeved shirts.

And here is a line-up of the skirts I have for spring/summer. The first and last I've never worn because I picked them up on clearance at the end of last season, so I'll have to see how I can incorporate those. Three of these I've had since I was 15 so they have seen better days but might still have a few uses left. My Errand #17 skirt was in the wash so it's not pictured. ;)

So, after looking through my closet, what gaps (needs and just wants ;)) do I see? 
2 nice white shirts (because one inevitably gets stained)
4 church/ fellowship worthy tops (green, mustard, and light purple/pink preferably)
2 casual tops that fit properly (the ones I have are too long/ awkward)
A gingham button-up (trendy/timeless piece that would be fun to have)
Green or pink tunic to go with my plaid capris
Printed cardigan

Short denim skirt that fits nicely (my Destination skirt is wearing out)
Long denim skirt with belt loops
Bright maxi skirt (new twill leaf skirt?)
New linen skirt
2 casual shorter skirts
Long church skirt 
Short black skirt
So, as is my first instinct, I went to see what ThredUP had to offer and purchased the following: 

Old Navy Gingham top... not exactly what I was looking for, but I've been wanting to try out orange so I picked it up for $7.50.
Short black skirt... Check! Just what I was looking for. Hope it fits.

Long white skirt... hoping it will work for church! I already have a long white skirt, but it's too casual to make a church staple. 
Short casual skirt with pockets... Check! Hoping this style is flattering on me. Need to look for tops to match. 

Shorter pretty taupe skirt... not on my list, but in the back of my mind I've wanted to try the "natural colors/slight military" style, and I think this might be a good way to do that femininely. 
Gingham tunic... although I'll still be looking for a gingham button up, I couldn't pass up this tunic! I think it'll work with white and blue jeans. 

As I went thrift shopping, I took the above list with me. But, as we all know, it can be really challenging to find what you have in mind in the stores, so I try to keep a super open mind. As nice as it is to have this grand vision of gorgeous wardrobes, we need to be practical and work within the parameters we are given. I find challenges to actually be the best way for me to be creative! 

What are some items you're looking to incorporate into your spring wardrobe?
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: