Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Coral + White

Hey y'all! I wonder... does anyone else have issues "checking out" of life like I do? I get focused on a project, focused on one room of the house to clean, one sewing idea, one blog post, one person, one health issue, one business... that I nearly completely ignore the rest of what's going on around me. It's true that there are seasons of life which require intense focus and minimal distractions, but when "checked out" is "normal", problems arise. Lots and lots of unhealthy problems. 

Relationships need fostered. Laundry needs done. Emails deserve replies. Customers expect their products. Responsibility to duties and healing your immune system are not at odds. Life doesn't happen in neat clean blocks of time that you've scheduled out. It's a painting. There are layers, some blue, some white, some red, some green. It's a little here, a little there, a big can't-tell-what-that-is glob smack dab in the middle. It takes time to see the picture when it's just a bunch of little brushstrokes, sometimes seemingly random and disjointed. Layer after layer after later, sometimes starting a section over, sometimes turning a mistake into a bird. Only use one color and the painting isn't a painting. Only focus on a corner and the scene will be incomplete. This has been my struggle lately-- checking back in, re-establishing my own responsibility, dealing with reality-- all the parts of it.. I'm far from doing life well, but I hope I'm on the road to doing life again. 

This is a super easy outfit, featuring my favorite white skirt. I would wear it every day the entire summer long if, well, it weren't white. Thankfully it's a sturdy skirt, but it's color is cautioning. ;)

// outfit details //
Shirt: ThredUP
Skirt: Banana Republic brand, ThredUP
Shoes: ThredUP
Photography: Sofia Hilder

Do you have a favorite white skirt? How do you keep from getting too focused on one "thing" in life? 



Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: