Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

Autumn Trends | Day Two

Hey y'all! I hope you're having a wonderful day! Today for #AutumnTrendsBF I'm wearing a 1970's inspired drop-waist dress that I made while testing out patterns for Camp Stitches

There are so many things I want to say about this dress. It encompasses so many aspects of that identity crisis I've been hinting at in my last few posts. ;)


  •  It's handmade to fit me perfectly. Well-tailored clothing has something about it that just makes my heart sing. 
  • It's made from vintage thrift store fabric. Win with the eco-friendly + win with the price. 
  • It's navy blue and gold, my favorite (and most flattering) colors to wear. 
  • It's kind of an upholstery-brocade-inspired print that I've been finding great happy depth to lately. 
  • It's a very classic silhouette and has the longer sleeve length I've been trying to migrate to in my wardrobe as I "grow up". 
  • It's washable and doesn't need ironed. 
  • It's ridiculously versatile. I've worn it three times so far-- once with black boots, once with a green cloche, brown "vintage" shoes, and a green scarf for a WWII look, and then today as you see (with a denim jacket in the air conditioning). 
  • I top-stitched all the seams, which reminds me of quality clothing and makes me super happy. 
I used Simplicity 1103 for a pattern and adjusted the front and back necklines to meet my modesty standards. I really wish I had a term for the type of fabric I used because I want to search for more. This was 60" wide and I got the whole dress from just one yard. 

My beret is from Target a few years ago and the Jessica Simpson brand gold heels I bought at Goodwill last Saturday for $2.50. woooooot! Nails are Butter LONDON "Queen Vic" shade and my bracelet was my grandmother's. 

It's so funny how elated a piece of clothing can make us sometimes, isn't it? Have a wonderful day! Be sure to visit Ashley's Day Two post for more autumn fun! :)

Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: