Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

What's Up | Hemming

Hey y'all! It's been awhile since I've checked in here! The main reason is the huge project of custom-hemming the 193 pre-orders of Errand #17 skirts for Fresh Apparel Denim Company. My friend Madeline came to help for five days and documented some of the fun: 

 We got these 80 done (stacked on the couch) in the time she was here. 

Some skirts had 90" hems, which can feel like forever when you're trying to make even, straight stitches in light thread on dark thick fabric. The smaller sizes had narrower hems, obviously, and were much easier to get right.  I had to re-do about 1/4 (or more) of the hems I sewed because the stitches looked wonky.

 There are about 18 different sizes, so I had boxes everywhere separating the sizes out. I ran out of boxes so I pulled empty dresser drawers from the guest rooms and used those for some sizes with fewer quantities. :P

 For all the adventure this endeavor has been, I get a healthy swell of pride when I see the "Made in USA" and "Fresh Apparel" tags in each skirt. 

 My super trusty Singer Confidence machine (read my rant about it here) did pretty awesome plowing through all that heavy fabric hour after hour. I changed needles every so often and used a stick from the tree outside to hold the big spool of thread from the factory. I don't feel like my machine is any worse for the wear! O.o 

The work is still far from over, since I have over 100 skirts in inventory (also to be custom-hemmed) that will be available as soon as I finish fulfilling the pre-orders and handling exchanges. There are already plus-sized skirts ready to order on FreshApparel.us if you'd like to get one! 

Thank you all for your patience with me as I let some things slide while getting this project under control. :) I hope you enjoyed this peek "behind the scenes" of Fresh Apparel!
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: