Labels

slider

Recent

Breaking News

Popular Posts

Navigation

I'm Engaged!

Y'all... I'm engaged! There is a super sparkly yellow gold ring on my left hand. Every time I see it, feel it, remember it-- I think about my tall handsome man who loves me and has asked me to spend my life with him. If sap is not your thing, I suggest you forego reading the rest of this post. ;)



Here's the scoop, girlies!
November 21st, 2015 an acquaintance I had always admired messaged me on Facebook with a photography question. Shocked and confused that this guy who I knew for a fact was very intentional about NOT flirting with girls was talking to me so casually, I answered his question politely and expected he'd end the messaging after some light chit-chat. But that didn't happen, and now 172 days later, we are pledged to be married. :) I plan on writing up our story soon, but for now, how about I answer some questions I know are coming!

Who IS this guy?? 
His name is Calvin and he lives in the Atlanta, Georgia area. He's 24, works building stills that recycle printing solvents, is exactly 12" taller than me, and is the youngest of 4 from a loving Christian home. I love his heart, his groove, and most of all his desire for living a godly life.

Does this mean you're moving??
Yes! I'm moving to Georgia!

How did y'all meet?
July 4th, 2013 we met at a party at my pastor's house. He has known a lot of my friends for a decade or more but since he lives in Georgia our paths never crossed (although I had heard lots about him!) until then. He doesn't remember meeting me, but I recall that he carried on a conversation with my dad for a long time while I stood there trying not to seem like I was listening. :P

When's the wedding?
Middle of August, 2016!

Did you guys court?
Yes, that's what we called it. We joke that we did a lot of things very differently than how you're "supposed" to, but our relationship has been exactly what our personalities needed to help us grow as individuals, as Christians, and, in God's timing, as a couple.

How did he propose?
I'll save that for "our story" :)

Are you making your wedding dress?
I don't know yet-- I've only been engaged 5 days! I'll keep y'all updated though. ;)

What's the future of Fresh Modesty now that you'll be a wife?
Calvin's totally on board with me continuing to blog! Y'all get to come through this crazy transition with me and I'm so excited to share my journey with my Fresh Modesty girls!





So there's my news. The Lord has richly blessed me and I am thankful.
Share
Banner

latestladiesfashion.com

Post A Comment:

0 comments: